Roll covering material selection is essential for performance in the Tissue Industry.
Emboss roll coverings must exhibit minimal heat build-up characteristics (low hysteresis) and excellent rebound resilience. Both are essential as line speeds increase and emboss patterns by depth & design become more technically demanding to produce. It is essential that the rubber Emboss roll continues to run at a stable temperature controlling the diameter and the pressure in the nip. Hysteresis is lost energy resulting from repeated flexing & deformation. An emboss cover with low hysteresis properties will expend the energy to pass the rubber into and through the nip then completely recover in preparation to re-enter the nip. Excellent rebound resilience properties enable the rubber Emboss to push deep into the pattern providing true pattern replication & glue strike.
Martland Rollers are able to offer three grades of emboss cover that exhibit these characteristics namely EmbossMaster I, EmbossMaster II and EmbossMaster III
EmbossMaster I 45 – 70shore A
- An Emboss cover with low hysteresis for cool running, excellent physical properties (modulus & tear strength) and excellent abrasion properties.
- Precise pattern definition
- Exceptional cover life
EmbossMaster II 45 – 70 Shore A
- For the convertor producing a diverse product range with multiple pattern changes or lines producing both toilet paper and kitchen towel. The Emboss cover has a greater elasticity providing greater resilience combined with excellent abrasion and mechanical strength.
- Versatility to change between products that have a wide range of pattern heights & complexities
- Extended cover life
EmbossMaster III 45 – 70 Shore A
- For the convertor who needs an Emboss cover with outstanding resilience to enable ultimate control within the nip through the reduction of the nip width & nip pressure to facilitate precise pattern replication and glue strike through whilst maintaining the papers strength.
Benefits include –
- Cost savings provided by increased tonnage from cold start up and up-sheeting savings from improved bulk tonnage and log firmness.
- Improved product quality with precise pattern replication and enhanced final product strength.
- ApplicatorMaster I 65-70 Shore A
- Surface finish 0.8 Ra
- Superb superior glue transfer
- ApplicatorMaster II 65-70 Shore A
- Surface finish 0.8 Ra
- Exceptional abrasion properties
- Improved glue transfer
- Outstanding cover life
- Reduced down time & glue wrap rounds
- Reduced fibre pick-up and glue contamination
- MarriageMaster I 89 – 98 Shore A
- Excellent dynamic properties
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Dual layer construction
- MarriageMaster II 89 – 95 Shore A
- Outstanding dynamic properties
- Outstanding abrasion resistance
- Easy clean, reduced down time